Bassam Z. Shakhashiri
for ACS President-Elect 2011
I seek your vote and your help so together we can strengthen what ACS does best for its members and for society.
I will serve ACS as an open and uniting leader.
I will work with you to:
• Strengthen the total chemistry enterprise: academic, industrial and governmental
• Increase public and private support for research and education
• Help the public understand the science of climate change
• Promote green chemistry and sustainable development
• Focus on employment and workforce needs
• Enhance the quality and supply of teachers
• Improve scientific communications within and among various cultures
• Foster international cooperation and collaboration in research and education
Please vote via the Internet or use the “Official Mail-In Ballot.” Electronic voting at www.vres.us/acs.html is easy and fast after receiving, either via postal mail or electronically, your election packet which contains both your ACS member number and personal election PIN number--both are needed to vote.
VOTE SEPTEMBER 24 - NOVEMBER 12, 2010